Sunday, December 2, 2007

When is a Policy not a Policy?

Earlier postings on this Blog will tell you that I understand and support good security measures around information. As such, I am also "tuned in" to security measures don’t make sense.

Airline travel is a great example. This week I tried to change a flight with Jetstar, which I had booked and paid for, but I was not the passenger. I knew I could do this online, but as I was away from my PC, I thought I would try the phone. No go.

They have two policies – one for the telephone and for online. Why? Shouldn’t the level of identity security be the same? I would have thought so. If I know the flight details I can change them on the Web, but not on the telephone. Only the passenger, or someone who claims to be the passenger, can change the flight via the phone.

Security policy problem or just a ploy to get customers to use the Web? Hmmm

1 comment:

best wedding coordinator washington state said...

Nice Article topics. This is really excellent and fantastic. I hope it’ll be helpful for our readers. We are - Muse Event Planning and Production, LLC is a full service event planning and production company that can accommodate many types of events. From intimate dinner parties to events/weddings for over three hundred, we can handle every last detail. We work as your seattle wedding planner . We have an extensive list of award winning vendors and venues to build a team for our client’s events that will make any event picture perfect and stress free. We are well known as tacoma wedding planner or tacoma event planner . Our goal is to ensure that our client’s event is a reflection of them and their vision. Using creativity, attention to detail and experience in management and bookkeeping, we vow to create a one-of-a-kind event within their budget. We were rewarded as number one wedding planner seattle last year. We demand, we are the best wedding planner washington state . Thanks for your cooperation.